Why is Commercial Pest Control Important For Your Maidstone Business?
Running a business is demanding work; you are expected to wear many hats and juggle every aspect of it when it comes to Commercial Pest Control Maidstone.
If your Maidstone business happens to be hit with a pest infestation, all your hard work and dedication are at risk of being destroyed. Nobody likes to do business, eat, shop, or work in a place that is crawling with pests.
Being proactive, early detection and interventions at the first sign of an infestation are vital to keeping your business’s reputation, staff, and customers safe.
Problems pests can cause in a business
Pest infestation in a commercial property is nothing to be taken lightly. The repercussions of an untreated infestation can be devastating and long-lasting.
Damage your reputation- If people hear that your business has a pest infestation, it could damage your reputation beyond repair. With all the social media platforms and everyone being so connected, it only takes one person to make a status, post, or tweet about seeing pests in your business to cause irreparable damage.
Health hazards- Having a pest infestation puts everyone at risk who enters your business. Your employees, customers, business partners, delivery people, and yourself are all at risk of becoming ill from the pests. Some pests will contaminate everything they touch, like cockroaches and rodents, making it impossible to know if something is contaminated by just looking at it.
If someone gets sick from your business or slips in rat urine and falls, you may be facing a lawsuit.
Damaged property and products- Pests will get into everything you have on your commercial property. Rodents will chew on everything, including electrical wires, which poses a serious fire threat.
Having pests crawl around, eat, defecate, gnaw, and reproduce in your business could cost you a fortune in lost products, damaged property, and building repairs.
Loss of revenue- If the word gets out that your business has a pest problem, and it doesn’t seem like it’s being dealt with, you could be facing a loss of business and, ultimately, lost revenue. People will take their business elsewhere, and they likely won’t return.
Shut down of your business- Having a pest infestation in a business is common, but not dealing with it could lead to having your business shut down. People will not want to do business with someone who doesn’t take issues like pest control seriously.
Signs you may have a pest problem in your commercial property
There can be many signs that you have a pest problem brewing in your business. Depending on the nature of your industry, these signs can be really obvious, or they can be more subtle.
Here are a few commonly seen signs that your business is developing a pest problem.
- Droppings. Finding rodent droppings is an obvious sign that you have some unwelcome guests roaming your commercial property. Some pests, however, have less obvious droppings. Bed bug droppings, for example, are harder to detect. Educate your staff about what to look out for, and report anything they see that could be signs of a pest.
- Nests. You will not likely stumble across a rat, mouse, or cockroach nest by chance. They are often hidden in walls, ceilings, under floorboards, and other hard-to-reach areas. It’s important to perform regular inspections looking for nests and other signs of pests in your business.
- Damage to your property or products. Finding damaged walls, wires, furniture, or chewed on food storage containers are all excellent indicators that you might be facing a pest problem.
Increased allergies. If you or your staff are experiencing an increase in allergy symptoms, that could indicate a pest problem.
It is common for people with allergies to notice increased symptoms when pests are present, thanks to their droppings, dander, and skin casings.
How a commercial pest control service Maidstone help your
Creating a relationship with a local pest control service has many benefits for business owners.
After having your commercial property treated for pests, it’s best to maintain an actionable plan to prevent future infestations.
The process for treating pests in a business is as follows:
- Inspection. A pest specialist will visit your business to determine what pests you are dealing with, how extensive the infestation is, and if you are dealing with any secondary infestations.
- The next step is to create a plan of action. Creating a plan that suits your business and the unique infestation you are experiencing is important, as well as figuring out a treatment plan that is the least disruptive as possible.
- Treatment. The treatment discussed will be carried out as planned. Depending on the pests and the extent of the infestation, there may need to be several rounds of treatment to eradicate the pests completely.
- Prevention. After the pests have been removed. A pest specialist will go over with you how to implement measures to prevent future infestations.
- It’s essential to monitor the pest situation in your business regularly. A pest specialist can visit and inspect your commercial property regularly to ensure no signs of an infestation.
Early intervention is crucial when dealing with pest in your commercial property in Maidstone. The earlier a pest control service is called in to deal with rodents, stored product pests, or any other creepy crawly, the better the chances are of recovering your business from an infestation, and the less likely it will become public knowledge that it was a problem in the first place.
It is so important that you and your staff know the signs of an infestation so it can be treated promptly. Developing a working relationship with a local pest control Maidstone is a proactive way to stay ahead of any infestations that may happen in your Maidstone commercial property.
How AccuRAT can help:
SOME PEST SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR LONDON BOROUGHS AND KENT AREAS
020 8144 4744
Copyright © 2022 AccuRat Pest Solutions Ltd. All Rights Reserved
Professional Pest Control Company for London Boroughs and Kent Areas. Specializing in Rodent Control, Insect Control, and Bird Control.
Registered in England and Wales Company No. 11578808, VAT No. 334 3207 33